Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Being Thankful...

So, as Thanksgiving rolls around and I take 2 seconds ('cause frankly, that's all the time I have) to reflect on all that I am thankful for - I have numerous items. 

However, I will name a few... I am thankful:

that we FINALLY have our children home with us from Ethiopia after a 3 year process

that our children are adjusting beautifully

that our children are relatively healthy and growing after a history of malnutrition

that I have an awesome wife to share the joy (and pain in the frigin' @$&*#) that parenting can be and that we are learning and growing in it together

that my grandfather hung on long enough to meet my children - AND that we have pictures of him with many of our immediate and extended family members that were taken recently.  (So, go out and take those 3 and 4 generation pictures while you can... you will miss them if you let the opportunity slip by.)

that my grandfather left us with much more than pictures... many things really, but what is sticking out now is that by example he showed us that while it's not our job to condemn and judge, it is our call to serve and love

Well, that's not ALL I'm thankful for...but, it's a good start! 

What are you thankful for?  Take a moment to reflect on it.  Don't let this season pass you by with only an awkward stammering of some crap you just made up when someone at thanksgiving asks you the same question.  Think about it on your own.  Know it. Own it.  Live it.   You don't even have to vocalize, write, and/or share it with anyone... they should be able to tell by your actions anyways.

Blessings,

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment