Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I L.O.V.E. Diet Pepsi

Okay, so I may as well be up front and honest from the get go and tell y'all.... "I got me some issues!"

No, not with drug and alcohol addiction.  I have not found myself lying drunken and high in a ditch, nor have I woken up wondering where I was and who was next to me.  But, I do have a dark and seedy secret addiction.  Well, actually - no I don't.  Everybody that knows me, well.... in REAL life, knows of my dirty little secret. So, I guess it's not all THAT secret after all.

I must have Diet Pepsi.  I mean, I'm not sure if I can even function without it.  I guess that's not totally true, as I did do without it in Ethiopia for 2 weeks this year, but that was only because they didn't sell it there.  Anyhow, let's just say I have an unhealthy dependant-relationship with Diet Pepsi. 

Before you get all judgemental on me... let me remind some of you about coffee.  There are those of you who finish a pot of coffee (or have done a "Starbucks run") before I even wake up.  It's pretty much the same as that....except I drink Diet Pepsi from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to sleep.   Not that I am drinking constantly, but I do like to spread the joy out all throughout the day. 

I'm not even slightly concerned with the caffeine and fact that it probably contributes to me not being a very good sleeper.  I haven't slept well for like 4 years or so... so why start worrying about it and pretending to care now?

Anyways, as I was saying, Diet Pepsi completes me.  Literally. You know that 90% (or some ridiculously high number so I am told) of us (humans) that is water?  Well, like 80% of MY 90% is Diet Pepsi.  It's running through my veins.  Maybe that's why I'm always chilly! 

Some may think it is an odd and inappropriate obsession.  But, I say "what's not to love?"  I mean the sweet goodness, the fizz, the sound of the fizz as you unscrew the lid off of a 2 liter bottle.  Ah...... GLORIOUS! 

I mean, I don't even get how people can eat pizza, tacos, nachos, or chocolate without it???!!  It goes well with everything, even the healthy items I failed to mention above.  It just goes particularly well with some of the world's most unhealthy menu choices. 

Anyhow, I just thought you should know that I am a social drinker (of D.P.) AND I drink alone at home in the dark.  I don't get drunk, but... it does make me happy nonetheless. 

Oh, Diet Pepsi, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment